Find examples of case comments
Consulting other case comments when writing your own is always a good idea. Visit the online editions of the Suffolk Law journals for examples.
To find more examples, you can visit Westlaw or Lexis Advance and perform an advanced search:
- On Westlaw, first limit your search to “Law Reviews and Journals” by typing that phrase into the main search bar and selecting that database from the drop-down menu that appears. Then, go to the Advanced Search link and search the “Preliminary” field for “case /3 comment." Enter relevant keywords in the "Text" field to find comments on a particular issue.
- On Lexis Advance, under the “Content Type” tab, click the “Secondary Materials” link. From there, select “Law Reviews & Journals.” In the main search bar, type “case /3 comment” and relevant keywords to find comments on a particular issue.
- Academic Legal Writing: Law Review Articles, Student Notes, Seminar Papers, and Getting on Law Review, Law Reserve KF250 .V65 2010
- Legal Writing in a Nutshell, Law Reserve KF250 .B34 2009
- Scholarly Writing for Law Students: Seminar Papers, Law Review Notes, and Law Review Competition Papers, Law Reserve KF250 .F35 2011