Suffolk University Data Center facility is a vital part of the campus information technology infrastructure. Information Technology executes data center management standards and best practices, providing a secure, enterprise-wide, reliable, and redundant infrastructure for the delivery of mission-critical University systems.
The Data Center facility benefits:
- 24/7 access—high availability connectivity to the Internet and campus network resources
- Secure data networks—ensures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of University information resources
- Service monitoring—ensures physical security and operational integrity of systems and services
- Environmental management— updated power distribution, cooling systems and environmental monitoring services
- Disaster recovery/business continuity—proactive plan to protect the University community and secure the continuity of its campus systems, programs, and services
- Reliable and scalable—service design includes serviceability of infrastructure components as well as ease of expansion to accommodate future growth.
- Server virtualization management—allow seamless transition between virtual clusters as service loads change, providing disaster recovery and high availability and simplified management.